Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dedicated to my beloved Dad

yesterday, on our way back from office, i received a text message from my dad telling that TB Datuk Rector UTP have announced that my dad has been appointed as the Deputy Vice Chancelor of Student Affairs & Alumni UTP. In malay would be Timbalan Naib Chanselor HEP & Alumni. Among the things that he mentioned in the sms was "dari guru ke TNC! Bapak x pernah mimpi pon. Alhamdulillah.." I immediately call him to congratulate and once i hang up, tears came rolling down my cheek. i am so proud of my dad!!

What he said was true. he started of just as regular teacher graduated from UPSi (back then it was MPSI), then he worked hard, continue his study, got his degree, masters and now about to finish his doctorate. he is my idol, my inspiration and my motivation. when people asked my who is my idol, i always answered "My dad". There will never be anyone else!

He joined UTP just an executive, then promoted to a manager, then a senior lecturer, Head of Department (Dean equivalent), Director of Student Support Services and now DVC. Of course there were ups and downs in between, but that never put him down. he always remind us, "in whatever we do, do it sincerely and God will reward us accordingly & always do the best that we can in everything, biar la ape org nak kata, yg penting kita buat kerja kita yg terbaik dan ikhlas".

i love my dad so much..i cried because i am soo proud of him, but i'm sad because i can't hug and congratulate him face to face straight away..but i will!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment